Monday 23 December 2013

Remembering Nana | Lunch at The Bentley Hotel

Today would have been my Grandma's 82nd birthday, but she passed away a few months ago. She loved The Bentley Hotel and we would always go for her birthday, so in her memory we decided to carry on the tradition! It was rather good indeed and I found it pretty irresistible to snap some memories. I know she'd be very happy we kept on with the tradition!


There was a huge Christmas tree in the foyer with gold and silver ornaments, very nice indeed! I took a photo of the entire tree but it looked pretty uninteresting, but close ups of the baubles are much nicer.


Myself and the famous Mama bear. We also went with my Uncle and Auntie, but I didn't know whether they fancied being on here or not. I wore a cami vest from Topshop and what I like to call my 'three wise men' necklace as it looks pretty snazzy. £7 from Forever 21, can't go wrong!


My Mum being all angelic started with a fancy fruit salad but I went straight in for the pate. My uncle asked me if pate was the same as corned beef, haha! It was bloody good though. Would have liked more toast and and a bit more of an exciting salad but hey ho, when you're getting paid for you can't complain! I wish I could have been more dignified but for the life of me I could not work out which cutlery to use first *slap on the wrists*!


Om nom nom carvery! I promised myself I would not get turkey knowing that it's pretty much going to be my staple diet for the following week but it just looked so good so I caved. I went double on the yorkshire puddings because I knew I'd be frowned upon if I went back for seconds... hehe.


I don't even care if this is sticking like superglue to the insides of my arteries, bannoffee pie should be a staple to all balanced diets. The combination of sickly caramel joy, whipped cream and a crunchy base literally makes me want to weep with joy. I could have eaten two of these. I'm defintely thinking my New Years resolution is going to be getting back into running, but something tells me it's going to take some training to get back to 5k in 25 minutes! Nothing that a go on Zombies Run can't achieve.


I think my Nana would have been very pleased with the meal this afternoon- there was plenty of cream and that was pretty much her favourite food item! We were all missing her but she did have a long and eventful life that we celebrated today. I thought it would be nice to end on some more decorations around the big old tree- isn't this whicker star cute? I cannot wait to have my own tree to decorate with Dave!

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment